Thursday, September 3, 2015

Concerning the Judgment of Christian Leaders and Feminism

Let few desire to become teachers, knowing as such, you will incur a stricter judgment.
James 3:1 Let not many {of you} become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.
I think that an insight into the meaning of that, is that Christian leaders will sometimes be judged for what they do not do, and what they do not say.
The idea came to me while I thought about Michael Brown, a very famous church leader. I've been following some of his material at Charisma.  If someone went solely by the material that he produces, would that person have any idea about feminism in this country today?
And not just him, what about Pat Robertson for that matter, or Benny Hinn or Paula White, or Matt Crouch, or many of the others.
I suppose that if I had to label the error or sin, it would be negligence.
Let me give you an example.  I believe that I may have a word from the Lord that the most important decision that men make (and maybe women also) that they give the least amount of thought and prayer to, is whether or not the wife should work (outside of the home); or the girlfriend, or the sister or the other women in the man's life.
I believe that 2 to 3 times more women work today than should.  If a woman works, she is a feminist.  That is a reliable statement.
So we have a guy, back to the example, who follows Michael Brown, who nonchalantly decides to send his wife to work.  Why? Well, because if there were any real danger to that, Michael Brown would have forewarned him, right?
So, do you see the point?  I would encourage you to ask yourself a general question, 'Are the leaders of the church pooh-poohing the whole issue of feminism?'
Are they afraid that if they tackle feminism that they will loose supporters?
I mean, how many T.V., radio, etc. ministries, are basically supported by little old ladies?



No comments:

Post a Comment